9.15.2009

the metronome swings on


In just over 2 weeks we are leaving Vermont. It's a journey, I have yet to find a job, but we have savings that should hold us for a while. It's funny that I'm moving "home" but it still feels like such an adventure. I know the opportunity is there for me to make myself something useful. Erin would tell me I'm a great husband so that I am useful....but I don't feel that way. I once had aspirations of being a scientist, a photographer, a family man. So far I've gained the latter, and it may be the most important, however I feel like a deadbeat. I grew up expecting a lot of myself and I can't say that's changed. I want to be successful in a career, not just a man living from paycheck to paycheck.
This past year and a half has been the most important thing in my life, I've married the woman I fell in love with so rapidly and I know for sure I have a family and a future in that. But I feel that I've outgrown this rural country. It's gorgeous, quiet, calming, and rich. But jobs aren't here, a career isn't here, security isn't here. I just pray that she won't resent me someday for it.
I know this move is important for our well-being and future. That's what I believe.

2 comments:

  1. oh honey, I don't think that I will resent leaving Vermont. I know we are leaving for the right reasons. Even though Vermont is my childhood home I know that there aren't any oppertunities here to prosper. I know there are no jobs and that the cost of living is so high... I will always miss Vermont and it's seasons but I will know that we can't live there anymore. I love you so very much and I feel so blessed to have you as such a huge part of my life. You are my everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok good! Plus you'll be happier when you don't have to drive through snow anymore! I know it! I love you so much dear!

    ReplyDelete